A Work-Link Mentor is an ideal complement to your studies, whether you are taking a vocational qualification at Level 2 or 3, GCSE’s or A levels, undergraduate or postgraduate study and particularly if you are undecided and are looking for inspiration. Access students particularly benefit in support in moving back or into higher study and work. Apprentices will also benefit from different perspectives.
Please click the plus (+) icon below and you will find some questions you may way wish to ask your Work-Link Mentor.
Don’t forget to include the fact that you have a Work-Link Mentor on any job or course applications you make, and in any interviews you attend.
- I am interested in a career in xxxxxx, how did you get into this area of work?
- Could you look at my UCAS personal statement/CV/Letter of application etc from your perspective and help me improve it?
- I have an interview coming up, what questions might I be asked?
- What job roles have you done?
- What was your first full time job?
- What is working in the xxxxx industry like?
- I am looking to get some experience by way of voluntary or paid work, how might I go about this?
- How did you make opportunities for yourself?
- What qualifications do I need to do the job?
- What has been the best part of your career?
- What has been the worst part of your career?
- Why did you decide to go into (your field of work)?
- When you were studying, apart from qualifications what else did you do by way of extra activities? How did they help you?
- What would you recommend are the five things that I should focus on to help get me into a university/job?
- What obstacles did you face in your earlier career? How did you overcome them?
- What kind of questions should I ask at interview?
- What qualities are employers looking for?
- How do I impress an interviewer?
- How do I know if this career is right for me?
- In your career what surprised you when you started work?
- Which was the hardest part of your career?
- What have been the most rewarding parts of your job?
- Is there anything you wish you had done differently when you started your career?
- Would you be prepared to provide me with a testimonial/reference?
- I need a project to work on, do you have one?
- I am learning about xxxx. How is this used in the workplace?